And so it continues...
Decided to try some limit online since I haven't played in a while...
played some 2/4 and 1/2. The 2/4 I won one of the first few hands and then basically blinded down to almost nothing ($16 from $40). There was a player at the table with $250, I immediately surmised that he would probably just throw a lot of money at pretty much any pot he was in. This was a bad idea, not because I was incorrect, but because that caused me to make plays against him. The problem was I didn't think about the fact that if this player liked throwing money at the pot, the chances of him laying anything down were prolly minimal. This fact was confirmed when I tried to bet him out of a pot with an OESD and he called down with A high on a paired board, only to river bottom pair... $40 gone, I made a few mistakes, so this didn't sting so much, I lost, but I prolly deserved it. 1/2 was slighly more eventful, my first hand in I catch AK in the BB, UTG raises with short stack, about $7. I cap with him preflop and the flop comes under me, he bets out I reraise to put him all-in. He shows Q3 and rivers the Q. Whatever, he's a moron this is fine, I'm ok with that. Well, later in the same orbit I catch TT in late position, wildman from before in the BB. UTG calls, I raise, wildman makes it 3 UTG caps. Flop comes under my pair, wildman bets, UTG folds, I reraise and we cap. Next card I believe was a Q, but it didn't worry me because of the previous play with Q3, so I raise all-in, wildman shows AA. With the small amount of bets I have left and the flop, I really don't see how I can get away from this hand. It's clear to me now that I am running horrid... joy. I also busted out of the 10+1 and a 6+.60. The $6.60 I tried to get a player to lay down when I knew he did have one of the paired cards on the board, which was also top pair. Honestly, I should've known better. The beats in the cash games may have played into this. I had second pair, as did my opponent, but he had me out kicked so out I go.
BR: $24 and I am now banished to 10+1 sng hell.
I'm beginning to really love online poker... really I am
- Huck


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home