Saturday, December 17, 2005

FulltiltForum.com Table .10/.25 NLHE

Pretty uneventful session, cept for this hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #340699573: Table FullTiltForum.com - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:39:50 ET - 2005/12/17
Seat 1: deaston ($12.20)
Seat 2: CLARKTD ($6.40), is sitting out
Seat 3: Julka37 ($16.60)
Seat 4: Diabolique ($6.30)
Seat 5: Taco Taco ($21.75)
Seat 6: five_over ($45.50)
Seat 7: khanwoman ($9.25)
Seat 8: CailtyssRulien ($24.65)
Seat 9: ColdE ($15.60)
Taco Taco has 5 seconds left to act
Taco Taco is sitting out
Taco Taco has timed out
five_over posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ColdE [Jh Ad]
khanwoman folds
CailtyssRulien folds
ColdE raises to $1
deaston calls $1
khanwoman: hey taco
Julka37 folds
Diabolique folds
Taco Taco has returned
five_over folds
*** FLOP *** [8d 6c Jc]
ColdE bets $1.50
Taco Taco: yea
deaston calls $1.50
*** TURN *** [8d 6c Jc] [4s]
khanwoman: i have a private turney tonight at 9pm est.. all in or fold
ColdE bets $3.50
deaston calls $3.50
*** RIVER *** [8d 6c Jc 4s] [Kc]
Taco Taco: where
ColdE bets $3
deaston calls $3
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ColdE shows [Jh Ad] (a pair of Jacks)
khanwoman: here.. under private turneys
deaston mucks
ColdE wins the pot ($17.35) with a pair of Jacks
Julka37: how do you get into a private one?
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $18.25 Rake $0.90
Board: [8d 6c Jc 4s Kc]
Seat 1: deaston mucked [Qs As] - Ace King high
Seat 2: CLARKTD is sitting out
Seat 3: Julka37 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Diabolique (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: Taco Taco (small blind) is sitting out
Seat 6: five_over (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: khanwoman didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: CailtyssRulien didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: ColdE showed [Jh Ad] and won ($17.35) with a pair of Jacks

Ok now I won this hand, but I feel I made a mistake on the river. On the turn I put deaston on a flush draw, so when the club hit on the river, I was hesitant to throw a lot of money at the pot. The problem is, I didn't think of our relative chip stacks before I made my river bet. The $3 bet I made on the river left me approximately $5 left, and before calling the bet, Deaston's stack was only $6.30. This means that if Deaston does have the flush and comes back over the top of me for the other $3.30, I find myself basically pot commited to call. I think I got pretty lucky that he didn't have the flush, because he definitely would have forced me to make a crying call to his all-in. This is one of a few holes I have in my actual play. A lot of times I kind of rush through hands and don't take into account stack size, equity, things like that. I really need to make an effort to be more deliberate at the table to avoid putting myself in situations like this one, even though this particular time it worked out for the best.

+ approximately $14 for the session, BR now at 50.04... BACK TO EVEN BABY!

- Huck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home