Monday, January 16, 2006

I've been lazy...

Really lazy, been grinding at 1/2 for the past week or so and am happy to say the FT roll is looking healthy again at $265, but unforunately, I also have for you all a...
CASINO TRIP REPORT
...also known as my personal recount of the apocalypse. This is by far the worst live session I've ever had, not because I thought I played any worse than usual, but because it seemed as though the deck was out to get me. I realize a lot of players say things like this in minor situations, I've not seen a run of cards like this live in the 4 years I've been playing, it wasn't that they were necessarily bad starting hands, but the way the cards fell was basically the anti-thesis for my usually successful style of play. I saw approximately 12 pocket pairs in two and a half hours and hit two sets, the problem was one of my sets got cracked when another player's AKs flushed on the river. The pot was capped on the flop and turn, but I saved myself a few bets on the river. There was really nothing I think I could've done better, the AK flopped his draw and was over the board, and I have to cap with my set until the flush comes, I refuse to do otherwise. I also lost another hand when another player and I both flopped a flush, I probably could've saved myself a big bet on the turn by check-calling, but I refuse to play afraid, if I have a flush, I'll open at the pot there everytime, for all I know he could've raised me on the flop with a set or top two pair. All told, I had at least 15 flush or OESDs that didn't hit, but I was pretty much priced in on most of em til the river. Overall, I think this is what hurt me the most because in addition to losing a couple of big pots, I was basically sitting there bleeding most of the time.
Ironically, I think I prolly played better in than I had been in the previous three or four sessions, as I was folding draws on the turn when I was no longer priced in a lot more often and not chasing naked backdoor draws on the flop, something I had recognized was costing me bets. While it wasn't cool to take the monetary loss, I really am not too down about this session. I've been doing rather well pretty consistently at the casino in the past six months, so it was bound to catch up to me sooner or later, it just sucks that it happened in one watershed session.

BR: $262.44 + 1 token.

- Huck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home