Big Mistakes, Fuckin Carnage, I'm a moron
PARENTAL ADVISORY: THIS POST CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, MATURE THEMES, AND EXTREME DOUCHEBAGGERY
Ok, so you know how I said I would never play outside my roll again... I lied
I got bored, I just got paid on Friday a pretty nice check, it had my Xmas commission on it, so I had a little meltdown tonight. It all started with me playing four 1/2 tables at a time, my nice little nest egg of $265 got whittled down to about $165, so I said something I commonly say, "fuck it."
I decided to sit down at $5/$10 Limit Hold 'Em with $100, just to give it a fuckin shot. At one point I was down to $37.50, but battled back and got up with somewhere in the neighborhood of $235, narrowly escaping certain death, shame, (okay so I have no shame), and blog humiliation.
But wait... there's more
In the true "fuck it"spirit, I decided while sitting at $5/10 that it would be a good idea to take the $60 some odd dollars I had left and play a bigger buy-in sng. I was thinkin maybe a $30+3 but as some of you may know, if I'm planning to go down in a ball of flame, I want people to see it from space.
So $50+5 here we come.
Then a funny thing happened, I fuckin won the damn thing. The table was extremely tight before, during, and after the bubble, so I decided to be aggressive as hell, stealing, continuation betting with like 6 high, shit like that. Finally it got down to heads up and my strategy paid off for me.
Full Tilt Poker Game #387716320: $50 + $5 Sit & Go (2512368)
Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 3:55:18 ET - 2006/01/17
Seat 1: justaromeo (4,690)
Seat 3: ColdE (8,810)
justaromeo posts the small blind of 100
ColdE posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ColdE [7d 7c]
justaromeo raises to 400
ColdE raises to 1,200
justaromeo raises to 2,000
ColdE calls 800
*** FLOP ***
[7s 2s Qd]
ColdE tries futily to contain his overwhelming joy
ColdE checks
justaromeo bets 600
ColdE becomes fully erect
ColdE calls 600
*** TURN ***
[7s 2s Qd] [6c]
ColdE checks
justaromeo bets 2,090 and is all in
ColdE calls 2,090
justaromeo shows [Kd Ks]
ColdE shows [7d 7c]
justaromeo: wow
*** RIVER ***
[7s 2s Qd 6c] [Tc]
justaromeo shows a pair of Kings
ColdE shows three of a kind, Sevens
justaromeo: gg
ColdE wins the pot (9,380) with three of a kind,
Sevensjustaromeo stands up
ColdE stands up and tries to hide his raging hard-on with a two day old newspaper

All in all, I'm a moron. There's no way I should've played in either of these situations with my roll being the size it was. Fortunately for me I got a little lucky and took advantage of it. I am promising myself right now that I will never do this again however, as I realize how fortunate I was to walk away not only unscathed, but up. Hopefully for my sake this time I can keep this promise.
BR: $482.84
- Huck


1 Comments:
these things must be done. playing within BR all the time is no fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home