In Recovery
DAMN YOU CASH OUT CURSE! Whether this is real or a myth, I'm not even going to address, because I'm a stable, rational human being. BUT, I did cash out the $100 I originally deposited to start my roll the other day and decided to play with just the white meat. I was beginning to get a little uncomfortable with the amount of money that I had on Full Tilt, so I decided to try this to see if it helped. It did, I think the subconscious fact that none of the money I have on the site now was from my personal bank account put me at a little more ease. However, after cashing out I went on a horrid run. As I said to one of my friends from Full Tilt, "If I had a nickel for every set I got cracked today, I'd have 40 cents... plus it seemed like the site sent out a memo to people to slow play aces just to fuck with me." This was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I hit about a $180 downswing in 24 hours on 1/18, but luckily I have recovered most of the money.
I've been playing a lot lately trying to make it into the Ironman Challenge free roll and as of this writing have secured 100 FT points for 5 consecutive days, meaning that I only need to earn 100 points for 5 more to qualify. This should not be exceedingly difficult, as with multitabling 1/2 LHE, I can usually play effectively and still hit 100 points in about 2 hours. It is much easier if I play 2/4, but I'll probably wait for the right type of games to be available before I venture back into that limit.
One of the reasons for this is I decided to move some money around. Even though I have 2 chip sets, I've had my eye on the Nevada Jack's set being offered by Pokersourceonline.com for quite a while. Since I've almost completely recovered from that post cash-out disaster yesterday and today, I decided to take advantage of the promotion and move $100 over to Absolute Poker. I've heard some decent things about this site, plus a lot of people I know who's game I don't hold in the highest regard seem to love the site, so I'm hoping there's more of their ilk once I get on the site. That's pretty much all for now, prolly an upcoming entry in the next few days depending on how things go.
- Huck


2 Comments:
I'm not even trying for the Ironman thing. Poker sucks right now.
nickel to 40 cents ... i say 8 sets cracked
Post a Comment
<< Home