Forced Break
Ok, so I'm coming off a 5 day break... Thanks to Comcast. Apparently, when I signed up my apartment for cable apparently something happened with the change over and comcast is a company full of fucking morons. Then there comes the part that for some reason they couldn't get someone out to my apartment for 5 days to fix it. I pay Comcast $150 a month... are you fucking serious? If it wasn't for the fact that Comcast is the only place I can get cable from, I would definitely be watching TV on Cox or AT&T or the Wereallysuckdickbutwe'restillnotquiteasbadasComcast Cable network.
So basically, in the middle of my job search I was without television or internet for 5 days... you can imagine how pleased I was. Being a child of the pop culture age, I find it hard enough to live without television. Factor in the fact that I'm currently trying to get a job an now I can't access my e-mail, I'm in one of those moods where I'm walking down the street using every ounce my self control just to stop myself from ripping out the heart of the first person who makes eye contact with me like that cat with the bone through his nose in Temple of Doom. I would almost feel bad about the way I treated the person I talked to the second time I called up to complain except for the fact that he was not only a moron but a jackass. If you're reading this Kevin, let me explain something to you... when I tell you to "hit" my cable box, I don't want questions, I don't want you to tell me that you don't THINK it will work, I just want you to "hit" the damn box like the good little cable monkey you are. You do that, I spare you the three minutes of obscenities, it's that simple. When you make more an hour than I do, you can tell me to "hit" your cable box and I'll give it to you anyway you like it big daddy, but until then you're in my world.
So that sucked... moving on...
Anyway, this caused me to have to take a little unplanned hiatus from poker, during which I decided to finally take the advice of all my friends and everyone who has ever read Harrington on Hold 'Em and I began to seriously start reading Harrington on Hold 'Em. I'm 80 pages into this book, and all I can say is I'm pretty damn impressed. It's not that Harrington tell you what to do, anybody can do that. It's not that he tells you why to do it, Sklansky can do that. It's that he can do it thoroughly and conversationaly. If the rest of this book is as good as the first third, this one will easily go to the top of my reading list.
Anyway, that being said, it's be a pretty uneventful return. Since I'm not doing so hot on the financial front, I'm getting by with a little help from my friends and grinding it out at the 5+.50 sng's. I'm at about a 80% money rate, but I'm yet to win one. Yeah for some reason, the easiest thing for me is now the hardest thing, I can't close it out. I think this has a lot to do with the more cautious style I'm using A) because I'm reworking and B) because right now making the money to me is of paramount importance. I'm not really too concerned about this because even though it's a slow profit it's a profit and that's really all I'm worried about for right now. Also, check out the link for T's Spot, she's one of my friends who satellited into the WSOP ME for Fuh-reakin free, and even though she's a little short after day one, she's my early pick to win the whole God Damn thing... GO KW WOOT!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home